SPECIAL DSL OFFER TO CURRENT RED SHIFT CUSTOMERS
We very much appreciate your loyalty to Red Shift and your patronage of our services. We want to reward your loyalty in every way that we can. Perhaps you have been thinking about moving to broadband Internet service recently. If so, we want to make that decision easy for you. Our Power DSL is easy to use, very secure, reliable and economical and there are many unique benefits to using our DSL that you may not realize.
We are offering a special upgrade available only to current customers of Red Shift. If you have a dialup account with us right now, you may qualify for an upgrade to a reduced rate DSL offering from Red Shift. These rates are lower than our advertised pricing on our two most popular DSL services.
Speed up to 384, $29.95 for the first 6 months, $43.95 thereafter
Speed up to 1500, $35.95 for the first year, $47.95 thereafter
Still not fast enough? We also have:
Speed up to 3000, $49.95 for the first year and $69.95 thereafter(residential)
If you wish To install the modem yourself, (most people can) there is no charge for the setup or equipment.
If you wish to have us install the modem for you the cost of the setup and the modem together is $99.
Federal USF taxes now apply on all new DSL accounts. The tax is currently approximately $2 per month.
Red Shift’s Power DSL has many benefits:
* No contracts/penalties: Cancel anytime with absolutely no risk and no penalties.
* We provide you with a static IP/no login: This insures that you will have the same IP address all the time. Some DSL providers use dynamic addressing, which is where you get a different IP every time you login. A big problem with dynamic addressing is that other customers use those addresses too and if someone abuses the Internet with a particular address, it could get blocked from certain parts of the Internet! Those blocks will then affect you when you get that recycled address. With a static IP you do not have to worry about these problems. Additionally, static IP addresses allow you to hook up more than one computer to your DSL service using home networking. Finally, some applications such as many Internet games and certain business applications a static IP is necessary.
* You can keep the same E-mail address: Your E-mail address is your identity and if you change E-mail providers you can lose E-mail, lose touch with people, have to print up new stationary and have to inform everyone of your new address – it’s a pretty big hassle to change an established E-mail address.
* Seamless upgrade: Changing from dialup to DSL is easy. We do everything for you. We put in the line and get everything ready so that you only have to plug in the modem.
* No software to install: Our DSL does not require you to install software in order to use the connection. Red Shift DSL is “always on.” Just turn on your computer and your DSL is ready, nothing to click on, nothing to input, nothing to worry about. DSL services from many other companies still require you to use dialup software with a username and a password. That software isn’t always compatible with your machine and you have to install it every time you change computers or an upgrade is sent out for the software and you have to install it on every computer. This is not the case with Red Shift Power DSL – our method is just so much easier and pain-free.
* Cancel that extra phone line: If you had to buy an extra phone line to use the Internet, you may be able to get rid of it, or use it for something else thus saving the money spent on that second line.
* Many Perks: With Red Shift you get 50 megs of space for a personal web page, 10 E-mail addresses to use as you see fit and vanity names to use to personalize your E-mail addresses.
DSL has become available in many new areas recently. DSL is also becoming available in a host of new locations within the next few months. Even if you’re doubtful about qualifying for DSL you should contact us because we have the most recent information about DSL availability in all areas.
Red Shift Internet Services
Monterey Peninsula: 831-655-8710
Santa Cruz/Watsonville: 831-423-0198