- Broadband news update
- DSL $49 installation pricing special until March 31st
- Broadband now available in Castroville, Soledad and Greenfield. Act now and save $400
- Introducing a new business mail service – making business E-mail management much easier
1. Broadband news update
* Good news! DSL ranges have been extended another 2,000 feet as of March 1st, 2002. Those customers who are right at the fringes may now be be able to qualify for DSL. Call us at 831-655-8710 to check your distance.
* Red Shift is currently working on bringing broadband solutions to areas that do not have it. We’ve just completed our broadband network in Greenfield and Soledad within the last 90 days. We are currently working on blueprints to bring broadband to King City, East Salinas and South Salinas (primarily River Road as well as businesses and housing developments in East Salinas). We are looking at a completion date for these areas in the June 2002 time-frame.
* DSL is not the our only broadband solution. Being out of range of DSL does not mean being out of range of broadband. Red Shift employs other technologies as well, such as: ISDN (128k, starting at $42.95), wireless 2.4Ghz (up to to 1100k starting at $49.95), T1 (up to 1540k starting at $299). If you’re looking for broadband, call us, we have the largest number of broadband options of any ISP in Central California; we may have something for you.
* There are some great specials on two of our broadband services right now. For more information on $$ savings, please read sections 2 and 3.
2. DSL $49 installation pricing special until March 31st
One of the big stumbling blocks to getting DSL is often the setup price. If you act before March 31st, our 384k and 768k ADSL broadband service can be had for a $49 setup fee. Normally this service costs at least $300 for the equipment and installation.
Now the fine print: The $49 price is for self-installation (it’s easy to install). If you require a professional installation, the cost is $100 extra. The $49 price does not include sales tax. Sales tax is charged on the full retail value of the equipment (just like with cell phones, got to pay the tax man). One year contract required, $350 early termination penalty applies.
We have specials going on as well for our business oriented DSL (SDSL up to 2300k). Call for more details or write email@example.com. Or check www.redshift.com and click on the DSL link.
3. Broadband now available in Castroville, Soledad and Greenfield. Act now and save $400.
You’ve waited long enough for broadband! Being rural is often synonymous with slow Internet access. We are changing all that. In these cities we now offer wireless broadband, an exceptionally reliable and fast service!
Normally this service is quite a bit more expensive to install than DSL. To spur interest, we are offering a special of $299 to install any wireless broadband service in these three cities. That includes all equipment, plus all labor (installation) costs. It’s on us. Normally a wireless installation can run from $600 to $800, so this is quite a savings.
Now the fine print: The Installation price will have sales tax added on. Sales tax applies to the full retail value of the equipment. The deal is good until March 31st, meaning you must have an order into our sales department by then. You can be installed after March 31st and still qualify. Last caveat: normally there is no term contract with wireless broadband, but since we’re spotting each client a large discount, we require a one year contract on service under this promotion. $350 Early termination penalty applies.
4. Introducing a new business mail service – making business E-mail management much easier
Are you looking for a solid business mail solution which gives you more control over your company’s mail services while making management a great deal easier? In itself, this would be a great achievement, but we’ve taken it one step further – you do not need to run a complicated mail server to accomplish these goals. You do not need any servers at all.
In our never ending effort to bring easy to use, mission critical business services to our clients, we are providing a revolutionary new business mail solution. We run all of the mail hardware in our network center on redundant servers and storage disks. We provide an easy to use front-end and administration window. Managing company mailboxes has never been this easy! And, it is very economically priced at $29.95 per month for 250 mail accounts (if you have a connectivity account already with Red Shift).
Using our web mail management site, based on your company domain name, you can manage the following:
* Install and delete mail accounts for your domain
* Choose and change all passwords for all accounts
* Install auto-responders for accounts
* Install aliases where one account can receive mail at different names
* Install and manage mailing lists where others can signup automatically
* Install “catch-all” accounts to capture mail not directed to a specifically defined account
Now when employees come and go, there is no need to call us; no need to call your consultant, no need to muddle through complicated mail server management software. For these needs and more, just go to the your business webmail management site and update your accounts via an easy to understand management interface.
We also install a link personalized to your business domain name where you and your clients or employees can read and send mail using our new webmail program (complete with built in spell checker).
You and your employees will also be able to use other programs to check company mail such as: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, etc.
All this for $29.95 per month if you have connectivity services with Red Shift already. If not, $49.95 per month as a stand-alone service for up to 250 mail accounts. Call for quotes for more accounts.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To offer feedback on this newsletter, respond to email@example.com. We will do our best to give you a timely reply.